Wow! What was that?!? The past few days have been a complete blur! On the 24th Mommy spent the whole day working in the kitchen. Daddy looked after me all day! Then we packed up a whole bunch of stuff and went to Granny's. I had my last meal and bath at Granny's. There was sooo much going on there was no way I was going to bed! Granny was in the kitchen too. Uncle Blake was there and Aunty Loree and Uncle Tracey were there too! Everyone had this big dinner and I watched everyone eat mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, chicken, salad, rolls and little olives and pickles! What a feast! Then it was present time! Everyone opened all kinds of presents. I got books from Aunty Loree and Uncle Tracey and Uncle Graham and Aunty Lisa. Granny gave me a big nutbrown hare puppet. I also got a pewter cup and spoon. Great Grammie gave me great aunt Dorothy's christmas ornament from her childhood. I fell asleep in the car on the way home. We got home at about one o'clock. Mommy and Daddy opened their presents and then we went to bed sometime around two. I don't like sleeping so I was up at about 6 or so. Then I got to open up
my presents from Mommy and Daddy!

I got all kinds of things for my bedroom and books and a few toys. Then we opened up stockings. I got new bibs and socks and soothers! Mmmm.... soothers....
Then we had a quick nap and we went to Grandpa's place. We were there all afternoon! Aunty Tara was there this time too! I liked Grandpa's beard. It was real funny to touch.
It's taken a few days to recuperate. All we did on Boxing Day was sleep. Yesterday Uncle Lee and Aunty Heather came to visit! That was nice.

Now I'm soo tired I really don't want to sleep. But holy cow this Christmas thing is fun!!! The tree, the lights, the ornaments, the presents – oh yeah, the presents! and the wrapping paper and bows – the visiting with family… why don’t we do this all year long?
No comments:
Post a Comment