Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Day at the Airport

Friday, Mommy and Daddy got me up really early to go to the airport. We were going to visit Mamie and Papie in Phoenix. We went through extra security screening, and when we finally got to the gate they were already boarding. Unfortunately, the flight was oversold and we didn't make it. The next flight was seven hours later. We waited.

I got to have donuts, hashbrowns form Burger King, Orange Julius and Lunchables.

What a great day! There was a playground I had all to myself. Mommy played with me up and down the slides! I also really liked the fountain. I went round and round and round....

Then the afternoon flight came and went without us. Also oversold. Sorry Mamie and Papie. I miss you. I hope to see you soon! Love M.

3 comments:

t said...

seriously? that sounds awful! i am sorry that it didn't work out for you, i hope you were compensated some how?!? it sounds like mathias was quite the little trooper though.

Mathias and Summer on a life adventure said...

Compensated??? What does that mean??? It's the name of the game for us with me working for the airlines and us going standby. Only wish we new it was presidents' day weekend cuz we would never have tried it.

t said...

oh, i gotcha. i totally forgot that you work for the airline. ughhh, all the time for nothing. are you going to try to go again?